What is Paid traffic and how it can work for your business?
There are 2 ways to drive traffic to your website:
- Organic Traffic
- Paid Traffic
Organic traffic refers to the number of visitors who land on your website after doing a search on any search engines. That is, they find you organically. On the other hand, paid traffic is the exact opposite. Paid traffic refers to the number of visitors who come to your website via paid ads. Any platform that provides opportunities for paid advertisements or promotional content can be a source of paid traffic to your website. With free traffic, you have less control over the flow of traffic to your website. You wait until the traffic comes to you. It takes time and effort. With Paid traffic, you’re in the driver’s seat.
Paid traffic is like a water hose. You have complete control over
- the direction it’s pointed,
- the amount of water pouring from it, and
- how long you let the water flow.
You can turn it on and off whenever you want.
These are the most popular sources of paid traffic:
- Display ads (Google Adsense, Banner Ads, Facebook Network Audience Ads, etc.)
- Social media ads (Facebook and Instagram ads, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, etc.)
- Native ads (promoted or sponsored content)
- Search Ads (Google Adwords, etc.)
How will Paid Traffic Work for your business?
When it comes to advertising, paid traffic has many benefits and can help almost any business including yours improve exposure and conversions.
- Instant Traffic: One of the many benefits of paid traffic is the fact that it’s practically instantaneous. This means you can set up an ad campaign in a matter of minutes, have it running instantly. This means you can start to receive new visitors to your website the same day. Unlike other forms of advertising out there, paid traffic offers much faster turnarounds and results.
- Target the Right People: Another reason you should consider paid traffic for your business is that it allows you to target users that you never thought you’d be able to.
With paid traffic, you can determine exactly who you want to see your ads. You can target by:
- Educational level
- Income level
- What you are currently in the market looking to buy
- Travel history
and much more.
What You Need To Know To Get Started
So, you understand that paid traffic is one of the best ways to get potential customers to know about your business… but how do you get started? Great question. There is a “method to the madness”. There are some key factors you must consider when deciding to use paid traffic for your business.
Some of them are:
- Your ad goals and objectives
- Your budget
- Your Target audience
- Your Ad Copy (and verifying message to match your target market)
- Your Creatives
- Your Conversion Strategy
- Your optimization Strategy
- Analytics & Tracking Methodology
Then, you or someone on your team needs to know how to leverage the world’s busiest traffic channels—like Google, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube—to not only GROW your customer base.
…but to grow your customer base at a PROFIT.
You’ll no longer have to practice “hope-and-pray” or “wait-and-see” marketing.
But what happens when you don’t have the skills?
You can hire an agency that does have the skills.
Interested in working with an Agency to see how you can use paid traffic to accelerate your business? Get started here!